Sunday, January 25, 2009

Dancing




On Friday night, my roommates and I had the bright idea of going dancing in Salt Lake City.  After getting ready (which featured me as the guest makeup artist) we took pictures.  My roommates decided that we needed a "roommate picture".  The above picture was taken after I (very carefully) positioned the camera, pressed the button, and ran into place.  I think I did a nice job!

Once we got to the club, we saw that the line was down the street and around the corner.  We decided to give it a whirl anyway and found parking quite a distance from the club.  After walking a bit in the cold (we all know how I love the cold!) I decided that I would go back.  I didn't want to stay until 1 a.m. like they did and I didn't want to walk to my car alone (I had left my very strong boyfriend home for the evening).

In classic Diana fashion, I got lost trying to make it back to the freeway.  30 minutes later and a panicked phone call to a friend, I found the freeway and made it home.  Thus ended my weekend dancing excursion.  Maybe someday I will go back.  This time I will bring a warmer coat and a strong guy to walk me back to my car.

P.S.  Here is a list of my current "whys".  Why do I have to work when there are more entertaining things to be done?  Why does Friday come so long after Sunday?  Why can't my boxes unpack themselves? and Why do guys wear dress socks with their shorts?

3 comments:

Brennon and Torrey said...

I like your list of whys...but I think your title should be changed to Not dancing...I'm sorry you didn't stay...but that sounds like exactly what I would've done too!

Brennon and Torrey said...

ps, love the picture! You looked gorgeous even if you didn't end up dancing!

Rachel said...

Great picture. I don't have answers to your questions, but I am also wondering about the dress-sock- with-shorts fashion statement (see my husband for prime example). What is this? Probing questions, Nan.